It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 12:09

Half.Life.Collection.REPACK-KaOs

Postby KiNG » 18 Nov 2016, 21:00


Image



Image

Download Direct Links

multiupfile part 01
multiupfile part 02
multiupfile part 03

Torrent Link

Fixed ep1.exe
Users Unable To Launch HL2:EP1 Copy & Replace This .EXE Located in
GAMEDIR\hl-2\
sendspace part 01


Remember That Links Are Interchangeable
And To Report Broken Links In The Correct Section.
Last edited by stoled on 19 Nov 2016, 22:00, edited 3 times in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)


“To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems”
― Matt Groening
User avatar
KiNG
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: 23 Jun 2012, 15:41

Postby KiNG » 18 Nov 2016, 21:03


stoled did a hell of a job on this one, be keeping this one for my collection :)
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)


“To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems”
― Matt Groening
User avatar
KiNG
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: 23 Jun 2012, 15:41

Postby joyer1234 » 18 Nov 2016, 23:43


Does it include half life 2 episode 2?
joyer1234
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 23 May 2015, 08:35

Postby henrys » 19 Nov 2016, 00:16


....but half life 1 source isn't here.... or is that the one they call black Mesa?
henrys
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 16 Oct 2016, 17:39

Postby KiNG » 19 Nov 2016, 03:28


source is there, so is hl2 ep 2
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)


“To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems”
― Matt Groening
User avatar
KiNG
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: 23 Jun 2012, 15:41

Postby henrys » 19 Nov 2016, 07:12


you don't understand, king. recently half life 1 was remade to have high quality graphics making it look like half life 2. I don't thing that one's here.....
henrys
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 16 Oct 2016, 17:39

Postby thirunarayan » 19 Nov 2016, 11:25


henrys wrote:you don't understand, king. recently half life 1 was remade to have high quality graphics making it look like half life 2. I don't thing that one's here.....

If you are talking about half life enhanced, then this version half life enhanced is not present in this rip.
You will not be punished for your anger, You will be punished by your anger.
-Buddha
User avatar
thirunarayan
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: 24 Dec 2014, 11:51

Postby stoled » 19 Nov 2016, 18:08


They are talking about black mesa, it is not included as its not an official half life game released by valve and its not finished either.

Half life source is there, its been modded and is now refered to as source enhanced in the nfo and the shortcuts.

The original half life/blue shift/opposing force are there, half life 2,ep1,and ep2 are all there as well.
User avatar
stoled
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 16:30

Postby henrys » 19 Nov 2016, 20:29


thanks for the lecture.
henrys
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 16 Oct 2016, 17:39

Postby Noninnyo » 19 Nov 2016, 21:28


Hello guys!
First of all, thank you for the Half Life Collection,I think the world needs a fully working HL pack already :).
I run into some error:
I installed the whole package. When I start hl-2.exe, Half Life 2 starts, it's OK. When I start ep2.exe, Episode 2 starts, it's also OK. But when I start ep1.exe, Half Life 2 starts, and not Episode 1 :(.
I wonder if anyone else found this error.
How can I start Episode 1?

Thanks in advance!
User avatar
Noninnyo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Nov 2016, 21:21

Postby stoled » 19 Nov 2016, 21:46


henrys wrote:thanks for the lecture.

no lecture, simply correct information.

Noninnyo wrote:Hello guys!
First of all, thank you for the Half Life Collection,I think the world needs a fully working HL pack already :).
I run into some error:
I installed the whole package. When I start hl-2.exe, Half Life 2 starts, it's OK. When I start ep2.exe, Episode 2 starts, it's also OK. But when I start ep1.exe, Half Life 2 starts, and not Episode 1 :(.
I wonder if anyone else found this error.
How can I start Episode 1?

Thanks in advance!


I may have made a mistake in creating the exe files used, i'll reinstall and double check everthing.
-----------
There seems to have been a small issue in ep1.exe.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dsfcdu
replace it with this copy and the issue should be resolved, sorry guys.
file goes into "GAME\hl-2\" folder
Last edited by stoled on 19 Nov 2016, 22:06, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
stoled
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 16:30

Postby Noninnyo » 19 Nov 2016, 22:42


stoled wrote:I may have made a mistake in creating the exe files used, i'll reinstall and double check everthing.
-----------
There seems to have been a small issue in ep1.exe.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dsfcdu
replace it with this copy and the issue should be resolved, sorry guys.
file goes into "GAME\hl-2\" folder


Thank you for the quick correction and the fixed exe, this time Episode 1 works just fine :D.
The next week I'm gonna play through HL2, EP1 and EP2, and if everything is ok, this will be my Xmas gift :D.
User avatar
Noninnyo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Nov 2016, 21:21

Postby joyer1234 » 20 Nov 2016, 01:31


Which exe is for episode 2.
All exe start only half life 2
joyer1234
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 23 May 2015, 08:35

Postby Boxofbacons » 20 Nov 2016, 10:33


Hey, awesome reupload! However... the sounds seems more worse if you were to compare it from the previous release. Otherwise, the installation process is faster than the latter.

About the sound issue, some sounds such as RPG's trail or AR2's fire seems muffled, there a lot more that needs fixing too. But this mostly applies on Half-Life 2 sounds (But even then Ep2 and Episodic has muffled sound files too), good thing that the rest considers Hl2 folder as its mother folder because it would be a pain in the neck if I have to edit all of them manually.

Other than that, nice improvement for installation time and unique icons for each executables over the last one! But the setback is the really muffled sounds of HL2, especially if the Audio Quality was on High. I could fix them by finding sound files around the net, but I'd be more comfortable if it was the uploaders themselves who would fix this issue.

-BoxofBacons
Last edited by Boxofbacons on 20 Nov 2016, 10:38, edited 4 times in total.
Boxofbacons
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 10:29

Postby stoled » 20 Nov 2016, 17:32


joyer1234 wrote:Which exe is for episode 2.
All exe start only half life 2

GAMEDIR\hl-2\ep2.exe


Boxofbacons wrote:Hey, awesome reupload! However... the sounds seems more worse if you were to compare it from the previous release. Otherwise, the installation process is faster than the latter.

About the sound issue, some sounds such as RPG's trail or AR2's fire seems muffled, there a lot more that needs fixing too. But this mostly applies on Half-Life 2 sounds (But even then Ep2 and Episodic has muffled sound files too), good thing that the rest considers Hl2 folder as its mother folder because it would be a pain in the neck if I have to edit all of them manually.

Other than that, nice improvement for installation time and unique icons for each executables over the last one! But the setback is the really muffled sounds of HL2, especially if the Audio Quality was on High. I could fix them by finding sound files around the net, but I'd be more comfortable if it was the uploaders themselves who would fix this issue.

-BoxofBacons

Probably a side effect of the new audio tool rebuilding, not sure, not much I can do aside from releasing the original audio and thats unlikely. I've spent far too much time mucking about with that release as it is.
-
ya tried changing the ingame audio quality to med/low and seeing if that helps any?
Last edited by stoled on 20 Nov 2016, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
stoled
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 16:30

Postby KiNG » 20 Nov 2016, 20:34


i just played an hour of hl2 and the audio is fine.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)


“To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems”
― Matt Groening
User avatar
KiNG
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: 23 Jun 2012, 15:41

Postby stoled » 21 Nov 2016, 01:05


Maybe bacons just has hifi equipment and can hear all the little imperfections :P
User avatar
stoled
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 16:30

Postby Boxofbacons » 21 Nov 2016, 07:02


Found a workaround by getting the muffled files replaced with the ones found on the net, it's not easy to replace all in a single click but it works!

Thanks for the rip! You guys have already worked so hard on it. I presume though that it was indeed the Audio unpacker that has caused the issue, seeing as the previous unloader (Which takes 5 hours+ mind you) didn't suffer with this problem.

Or... I could've just used the Source SDK 2013 Singleplayer's vpk files, why did I not notice that earlier on?
Last edited by Boxofbacons on 21 Nov 2016, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.
Boxofbacons
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 10:29

Postby henrys » 21 Nov 2016, 22:15


it's unfortunate..... I've played all the half lives above BUT episode 1. if only there was a way I could download that alone.... but there isn't. wish you guys posted them as separate packs.....
henrys
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 16 Oct 2016, 17:39

Postby TheMaster » 22 Nov 2016, 09:20


Some people are never happy/appreciative no matter how much you give them for free! :roll:

Here, try this sunshine - http://www.legendsworld.net/shooter/game/1335

If you're not happy with that then go do some searching around yourself...
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Please consider using it rather than filling up the Game Release pages with all your problems!
User avatar
TheMaster
 
Posts: 694
Joined: 30 Jul 2014, 04:06
Location: Nazi HQ, Antarctica

Postby henrys » 22 Nov 2016, 09:30


appreciate that
henrys
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 16 Oct 2016, 17:39

Postby TheMaster » 22 Nov 2016, 10:33


Ha! :D No worries mate.

There was originally standalone rips of both Ep1 & Ep2 (with updates) out there but good luck finding those these days! KiNG will probably know who Dopeman is/was, pretty sure he did one of 'em ;)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Please consider using it rather than filling up the Game Release pages with all your problems!
User avatar
TheMaster
 
Posts: 694
Joined: 30 Jul 2014, 04:06
Location: Nazi HQ, Antarctica

Postby KiNG » 22 Nov 2016, 11:19


TheMaster wrote:Ha! :D No worries mate.

There was originally standalone rips of both Ep1 & Ep2 (with updates) out there but good luck finding those these days! KiNG will probably know who Dopeman is/was, pretty sure he did one of 'em ;)


lol yeah i remember him, direct-play releases, simple compression no work done. he did become quite popular considering.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)


“To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems”
― Matt Groening
User avatar
KiNG
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: 23 Jun 2012, 15:41

Postby stoled » 23 Nov 2016, 03:51


yep, toed and dopeman, remember them two.
User avatar
stoled
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 16:30

Postby TheMaster » 23 Nov 2016, 11:38


Haha! "The One Eyed Dude" - he was actually quite funny, had a few brief comment discussions back & forth with the guy. And don't forget Skullptura. Funny how all these guys were around about the same time - plenty of good games coming out back then 8-)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Please consider using it rather than filling up the Game Release pages with all your problems!
User avatar
TheMaster
 
Posts: 694
Joined: 30 Jul 2014, 04:06
Location: Nazi HQ, Antarctica
Next

Return to KaOs Game Releases

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Bing [Bot], ccboy, GeekSquad, Google Feedfetcher, hotsexysailor, LokeshSharma, mrgezoel, popke and 307 guests