Fallout.3.GOTY.v1703.New.Vegas.UE.v14052.REPACK-KaOs

Troubleshoot For Games
TheMaster

The mention of 8 cores in the nfo is just to say that it takes 35mins to install on an 8 core machine. On 4 cores it would take longer etc. It's nothing to do with what's "required" to install or run. It's possible that your 2 core machine is having trouble with the new tools being used for the repack but only KiNG will be able to elaborate on that one & he'll probably comment on that & anything else soon/later. Other issues might be RAM and/or drive space as you haven't said how much you have (especially how much free drive space you have on drives you are installing from & to).

Apart from that the only other thing I can suggest is doing a bit of a general/thorough cleanup on your PC/laptop & then doing a decent Windows update. You will probably need to use something like "wsusoffline" for Win 7 ;) I had trouble with the installer freezing numerous times a while back & that fixed it for me. It's a new installer now since then though & by all accounts it's a bit more hassle-free.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
TheMaster

Bugger! Sorry to hear that. If other games installed alright then that would suggest that your dual-core can handle the new tools unless the Fallout repacks uses tools that the others don't (there's several options depending what engine the game uses). I'm all out of ideas so unless KiNG or another member who's fixed a similar problem can suggest something else you might have to either figure it out by a process of elimination & searching online or alas, chucking in the towel :( I've done that in the past with some games & then come back to them a year or 2 later & had no issues, go figure!
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
KiNG

if i remember rightly the fo repack used multiple tools, more than most other games use. mp3 tool, ogg tool, bik tool and zlib stream precompressor.
if it gets to 80% its probably the last archive what is causing the issue, i think the last one is probably mp3, i do know the mp3 tool does get nailed by security sometimes as i installed games using that tool on a friends win 10 pc and windows defender blocked it what caused arc to give an error.
i ended up installing eset security for him to totally deactivate windows defender what has a habit of causing issues even when its turned off or turning itself back on again. in your case on win7 i would have suggested safe mode to make sure all security was disabled but sounds like master already suggested that, the mp3 tool uses a tiny amount of ram so apart from security i have no idea why it would fail. i assume you already tried playing with the virtual ram settings?
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
luck1player62

the game was downloaded successfully. fallout 3 worked perfectly and i enjoy it thank you... BUT fallout new vegas was not. it keeps saying MSVCP110.dll not found MSVCR110.dll not found but its fixed by putting the files inside the game directory. but now it says 0xc000007b error... i need help
KiNG

luck1player62 wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 04:06 the game was downloaded successfully. fallout 3 worked perfectly and i enjoy it thank you... BUT fallout new vegas was not. it keeps saying MSVCP110.dll not found MSVCR110.dll not found but its fixed by putting the files inside the game directory. but now it says 0xc000007b error... i need help
you didnt need to do that all you needed was to update your vcredist
installing this should fix it
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/vi ... ll-in-one/
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)