Fallout 3 GOTY

Troubleshoot For Games
meteora96

Hello,
I have been trying to play Fallout 3 GOTY on my PC, but whenever I start it, it crashes. I'm sure there is some simple answer, but I don't really know what to do. Any help would be great :D
Last edited by meteora96 on 14 Aug 2013, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
KiNG

any error messages or anything? and which version are u using? (torrent or direct links)

if you downloaded the torrent try reading this post http://kaoskrew.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=971
Last edited by KiNG on 14 Aug 2013, 15:12, edited 2 times in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
meteora96

What happens is that it starts up, the launcher works fine, then it goes to a black screen, then it seems like it will load, then it crashes. The only error message is that it stopped responding. I used the torrent. Not sure which version though, sorry.
KiNG

meteora96 wrote:What happens is that it starts up, the launcher works fine, then it goes to a black screen, then it seems like it will load, then it crashes. The only error message is that it stopped responding. I used the torrent. Not sure which version though, sorry.
try the above post
Last edited by KiNG on 14 Aug 2013, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
meteora96

any way you can send me the files directly? websites aren't working :(
KiNG

meteora96 wrote:any way you can send me the files directly? websites aren't working :(
try this one http://www.sendspace.com/file/ffp2g6
meteora96

I replaced the file with the one you sent me but it's still not working :/
any other ways to fix it?
KiNG

meteora96 wrote:I replaced the file with the one you sent me but it's still not working :/
any other ways to fix it?
did you delete all the files the game created the first time u tried to run it?
read the other post it explains how to do it.

if that doesn't work I have no idea.
meteora96

not sure if i did something wrong, but it still doesnt work D:
any way i can fix it manually? or just uninstall and redownload?
iceguy003

If youre using a quad core processor you need to change the ini file to make it think you have a dual core and you should be adding some other line of code in the ini file too http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/20199 ... -core.html Good Luck!
Last edited by iceguy003 on 14 Aug 2013, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
KiNG

fallout 3 ini fix for those who still need it.

http://www.maxmirror.com/download/1GVGKSC6
brandondallas

First off, I wanted to say I love your releases. However, I'm having a problem. I installed this game perfectly on my computer, but I'm having problems installing it on my brother's computer (who easily meets the minimum and recommended requirements). What happens is, I click on the installer.exe, the screen pops up, I click install, and it says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1", then it says I can click cancel, try again, or continue. Clicking either of them brings up, "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2", "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3", "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR4." After that, it brings up the screen to choose where I want to install everything. I used the default location, and after a while it said it completed. But when I went to the directory it was installed to, and open up the fallout 3 launcher, the option to play isn't highlighted, the only 2 options that are highlights is to install and to exit. Any ideas? And sorry for the lengthy post.
brandondallas

Nevermind. I reinstalled it, it still showed those errors, but this time the game is able to play. So everything is all good. Thanks again for all the hard work you guys/girls do!
KiNG

brandondallas wrote:Nevermind. I reinstalled it, it still showed those errors, but this time the game is able to play. So everything is all good. Thanks again for all the hard work you guys/girls do!
Yeah those errors are simply due to our installer.exe it seems to happen when it doesn't recognise extra non hdds, like usb sticks or external drives, like u said the errors can be skipped and doesn't effect anything but it is annoying lol
Last edited by KiNG on 10 Jan 2014, 09:54, edited 2 times in total.
MasterOfWeed

KiNG wrote:fallout 3 ini fix for those who still need it.

I tried this and it still does the same thing. Is there any other reasons it would do that?
KiNG

MasterOfWeed wrote:

I tried this and it still does the same thing. Is there any other reasons it would do that?
not using an administrator account can also cause issues as the game copies ini files around when its executed.
you could also try messing around with the gfx settings in the launcher particularly the advanced options.
only other thing i can think of is maybe one of our tools got deleted by your antivirus wile installing, possibly KaOsTex.exe what resores the game textures.

that all i can think of without more information.
Last edited by KiNG on 12 Feb 2014, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.
MasterOfWeed

KiNG wrote:
MasterOfWeed wrote:

not using an administrator account can also cause issues as the game copies ini files around when its executed.
you could also try messing around with the gfx settings in the launcher particularly the advanced options.
only other thing i can think of is maybe one of our tools got deleted by your antivirus wile installing, possibly KaOsTex.exe what resores the game textures.

that all i can think of without more information.
I figured out that I was missing the "d3d9.dll" so I got that and it works fine now. Thanks for your help.