Torrents and Steam

Troubleshoot For Games
zasnail

so lately I've downloaded a few more games and used the install to throw them onto my computer like alwase (thanks for the awesome install option btw kaoskrew) but certain games;

- Amazing Adventures of Van Helsing
- Sanctum 2

(and i'm looking for any others that do this) seem to have an exception about them that when launched. Instead of actually opening the game itself and letting me play it sends me to steams page for the game to purchase it for however many dollars its worth on steam. Kind of defeating the purpose of torrenting the game in the first place and waiting for hours for the download and install for said games. if anyone can help me with this issue and prevent it from happening that would be great! Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to attempt and help ill anxiously await your reply :) thanks
Last edited by zasnail on 14 Aug 2013, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
KiNG

zasnail wrote:so lately I've downloaded a few more games and used the install to throw them onto my computer like alwase (thanks for the awesome install option btw kaoskrew) but certain games;

- Amazing Adventures of Van Helsing
- Sanctum 2

(and i'm looking for any others that do this) seem to have an exception about them that when launched. Instead of actually opening the game itself and letting me play it sends me to steams page for the game to purchase it for however many dollars its worth on steam. Kind of defeating the purpose of torrenting the game in the first place and waiting for hours for the download and install for said games. if anyone can help me with this issue and prevent it from happening that would be great! Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to attempt and help ill anxiously await your reply :) thanks
your antivirus is deleting the steam emulator what makes the game think you have paid for it. turn your antivirus off and install the game again.
this will solve the issue on both games.
Last edited by KiNG on 14 Aug 2013, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)