Far Cry 3 rip by KaOs - Problem with patch

Troubleshoot For Games
thekolo33

Hello!
How to install patch 1.05 on Far Cry 3 Rip from KaOs?
Last edited by thekolo33 on 14 Aug 2013, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
donkeymilk

:) is this a joke question?
run the installer that comes with the patch.setup.exe or install.exe.
make sure you have new crack (version 1.05) copy new 1.05 crack and overwrite after updating.
exclude game folder from antivirus before installing and make sure you have plenty of temp space.
Some patches use the xdelta method ,which injects the updates into the game files, and will make a temp file the same size as the file it's updating,so if it's a big file been updated ,you can see why it needs a bit of space to do it job.
Last edited by donkeymilk on 15 Sep 2013, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDOE

donkeymilk wrote::) is this a joke question?
run the installer that comes with the patch.setup.exe or install.exe.
make sure you have new crack (version 1.05) copy new 1.05 crack and overwrite after updating.
exclude game folder from antivirus before installing and make sure you have plenty of temp space.
Some patches use the xdelta method ,which injects the updates into the game files, and will make a temp file the same size as the file it's updating,so if it's a big file been updated ,you can see why it needs a bit of space to do it job.
I've tried updating the Kaos-release of Far Cry 3 aswell to no avail. The patch can't find the installed game even though I use a short path (D:\Far.Cry.3-Kaos).
Do the Kaos-rips add all necessary entries to the registry?

Edit: The game is precracked, is it possible to update the game with an official patch or do I need the original .exe?
Last edited by JohnDOE on 25 Oct 2013, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
ganster
Site Admin

some original update installers relays on the reg data for install location
i no longer have the original to grab the reg data some games do also need original exe before the update will work but theres not that many games that iv seen that do this they normaly just replace the exe making the game unplayable when theres an update the crack will need updating aswell
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links | Requests | ReadMe (Requests)
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Archive Pass Is "www.kaoskrew.org" Without Quotes