Borderlands GOTY Edition

Troubleshoot For Games
FoundTalent

Hi, I've recently downloaded your Borderlands GOTY Edition but have encountered a problem.

After my download was complete, I ran the Install.exe, set install path to "C:\Games\Borderlands.GOTY.Edition-KaOs" & waited for what seemed like an age for it to rebuild game data - no problem. Once everything had appeared to have finished, I went to C:\Games\Borderlands.GOTY.Edition-KaOs\Binaries to find the Borderlands.exe file, even searched through the other folders in and around there but I couldn't find the .exe

My first thought was to just re-download the torrent except this time from a link on these forums however your link appears to lead me to a 404 - Not Found error.

If anyone could maybe share some wisdom with me as to what to do, as I'd really like to play Borderlands before I attempt Borderlands 2, it would be much appreciated.

Please & thank you.

*Edit - I noticed on the install information on the topic for this game that it said that it's recommended that I use a short file path as it can cause missing files during rebuild but how much shorter can I get than C:\Games without just installing it to C:\ :s
Last edited by FoundTalent on 10 Jan 2014, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
KiNG

i think all of this information is already in the .nfo file but here goes...
the games exe is located in the binaries\win32 folder.
if you have ended up with empty folders with no files to click this means you run out of temp space wile installing. (free up aload more space and try again)
if your only missing the game exe your antivirus probbly deleted it (this is quite uncommon nowadays as now antivirus seem to concentrate on the dll of the steam emulator)
Last edited by KiNG on 10 Jan 2014, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
FoundTalent

Yeah I do have empty folders, I'll make sure to free up some space, I don't actually have a \win32 folder. My antivirus definitely hasn't deleted anything. Thanks for the speedy assistance, I'll let you know if clearing my C:\ drive up a bit helps.
KiNG

FoundTalent wrote:Yeah I do have empty folders, I'll make sure to free up some space, I don't actually have a \win32 folder. My antivirus definitely hasn't deleted anything. Thanks for the speedy assistance, I'll let you know if clearing my C:\ drive up a bit helps.
yeah i just checked the nfo the exe should be c:\Games\Borderlands.GOTY.Edition-KaOs\Binaries\Borderlands.exe

keep an eye on your free space wile installing if it starts to get low you can quickly delete stuff toensure theres enough room
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
FoundTalent

Hey again, sorry I forgot to check back after I did what you suggested. I just wanted to let you know all works fine now (even my xbox controller works with it) so thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.