Fallout 3 GOTY problem

Troubleshoot For Games
nordik

I've got a problem, every time I start a new game, It crashes when the white light starts shining (Beggining, where the child borns). I've tried with all the fixes in the .ini and nothing helps. Please help me, I love this game but I've been trying too hard to solve this with no results :(
Another problem I have, is that in the main menu, I've got Double screen and no cursor.

PLS HALP :(
KiNG

nordik wrote:I've got a problem, every time I start a new game, It crashes when the white light starts shining (Beggining, where the child borns). I've tried with all the fixes in the .ini and nothing helps. Please help me, I love this game but I've been trying too hard to solve this with no results :(
Another problem I have, is that in the main menu, I've got Double screen and no cursor.

try changing the gfx settings in the launcher. Or there's a chance you may have run out of temp space wile it was installing so some files got missed, you could try reinstalling and free up a lot more space before hand.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
nordik

How do i delete temp space?
KiNG

nordik wrote:How do i delete temp space?
Temp space is the free space you have remaining on your hard drive. This game uses a lot wile installing. So just delete some stuff to make a lot more.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
nordik

KiNG wrote:
nordik wrote:How do i delete temp space?
Temp space is the free space you have remaining on your hard drive. This game uses a lot wile installing. So just delete some stuff to make a lot more.
Well, I've been trying all the solutions, and cleaned the disk, and reinstalled and bla bla bla. Nothing is Working, damn i was so happy to have this game. ¿Is there any other solution?
Coded23

If you are using win7 or above then try this fallout 3 proven fix, It worked for many of peeps though.
Last edited by Coded23 on 29 Jun 2015, 23:21, edited 2 times in total.
You will not be punished for your anger, You will be punished by your anger.
-Buddha
nordik

thirunarayan wrote:If you are using win7 then try this fallout 3 proven fix, It worked for many of peeps though.
Damn, I'm using windows 8, but I'll try it
ganster
Site Admin

you can try putting it in compatablity mode windows 7 just right click the game exe and select properties
then click on tab compatablity tick the top box then under that box theres a drop down menu select windows 7
also tick the last box aswell so it runs in admin mode
thats known to fix it for alot of win 8 users

i had issues on win 7 aswell but i just changed gfx settings then it started to work for me then i just changed em to what i wanted and works every time now
KaOs Game Releases | Game Issues | Broken Links | Requests | ReadMe (Requests)
Archive Pass Is "www.kaoskrew.org" Without Quotes
mohamad

it is about missing bsa files go and check Fallout3 GOTY\data and you will find 1 bsa file so the solution is archive some folders into bsa . i have the same problem but i didnt fixed it yet because i dont know what bsa files have inside.

(sorry for the bad English)
Tyrion

nordik wrote:I've got a problem, every time I start a new game, It crashes when the white light starts shining (Beggining, where the child borns). I've tried with all the fixes in the .ini and nothing helps. Please help me, I love this game but I've been trying too hard to solve this with no results :(

I've had the same problem using the torrent version, no intro with pipos 26 error, mouse not working in mainmenu and crash after being born.
This has fixed it for me:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/944/
Download the program and activate ArchiveInvalidation. Everything worked fine after that.
Btw, you also need this fix if you want to start using mods.
KiNG

was thinking of updating the fallout rips since fallout 4 is about due, not happy with the rather long install time....
got quite a large list of jobs to do so i will just add that to the list.
will update the torrents with the new versions aswell to save confusion.
Last edited by KiNG on 01 Sep 2015, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrion

Thanks, that'll be much appreciated by everyone I think. It took around 2 hrs on my old 2.2 dual core to install.
Not complaining though, because the download was only 2.67 gb and for free! :D
Funny thing is, it took alot less time to download than to install this. In the past it was the other way around... (especially on dial-up modems ;) )