KaOs Classic RTS PACK - Issues with Atrox

Troubleshoot For Games
grudede

I just tried to test Atrox, and got some weird results.
After install it started fine, but the colors were wrong (e.g. a lot of pink pixels). Sometimes I could make out, what seems to be a profile creation screen. Sometimes it was so bad, I couldn't recognize anything.
I tried compatibility modes, reduced colors, .. all which windows offers - no improvements.

Other releases work fine on this PC. But it only has internal graphics, and some games (like LotR-WotR) won't work without a dedicated graphics card. So I copied Atrox to my proper gaming PC.
Over there it won't start at all. It throws access violation 0xc0000005 (one time it was a illegal instruction c000001D instead).

I'm pretty clueless as to what might be wrong here. What further info could I provide to help solve this?
KiNG

sorry i have no idea i just recently reinstalled windows back to bare bones and atrox just installed and played fine.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
grudede

I sunk some time into this. Turns out the crash was linked to nvidia software/drivers settings.
- vsync: "fast"
- preferred refresh rate: "highest available"
Having both enabled crashes the game. Having one of them enabled (didn't write down which), keeps the game stuck in a black screen. And crashes the OS (win32k.sys BSOD), if you don't kill the process fast enough.

The next problem are the colors. It seems to be one of multiple common issues with old games.
This one can be fixed on Win7 by adding a key to the registry. (I chose this from multiple options)
On 32bit:
-----------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectDraw\Compatibility\Atrox]
"Flags"=hex:00,08,00,00
"ID"=hex:ed,84,84,3c
"Name"="Atrox.exe"
on 64bit:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDraw\Compatibility\Atrox]
"Flags"=hex:00,08,00,00
"ID"=hex:ed,84,84,3c
"Name"="Atrox.exe"

After this, the game works (800x600). But for me it is basically unplayable right now, because the map scroll is extremely fast. I can't press the keyboard fast/short enough, to not move the view to the edge of the map. And with the cursor it happens unintentionally all the time, when trying to give orders to units.