Half Life 1 Crashes

Troubleshoot For Games
HyPo

I downloaded and installed half life completed bundle pack. i launched the desktop icon and clicked half life and the game just crashed no menu or anything just a crash to the desktop. I have tried before to play Half Life on Windows 10 to no avail.
KiNG

theres also a good chance your secutiry deleted something it shouldnt, all the steam emulators are p2p and get nailed by half the security apps on the market including windows defender, and the same goes for most of the custom commandline executables in the games root folder what start the dlcs and expansions .
if this is the probblem your best shot is to exclude your games folder or hl folder with all contents to your securitys exclusion list or simply disable all the security all together.
and dont forget to reinstall so the missing files are put back.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
HyPo

i have windows defender completely turned off. regarding dep https://imgur.com/a/dnlhR2J it greyed out for me both on and off. il try the setup tricks.
HyPo

Well i reinstalled half life complete bundle and launch half life 1 and the same problem it crashes as soon as i launch it.
KiNG

windows defender is never fully turned off its a pain in the ass lol, can u upload some screenshots of the folders so we can see if anything is missing?
if nothing is missing you could give these a shot https://www.techpowerup.com/download/vi ... ll-in-one/
i dont remember if the game has an extras folder with redistributables but might be an idea to check.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
HyPo

I have all C+++ redistributables installed
Here is the video of me opening every folder in the Half Life 1 folder:
https://streamable.com/tg47mz
KiNG

i take it the portal games work ok? it uses the same engine
and non of the half life games work or is it just the first one?

edit:

just installed it myself and all the files seem to match mine, it started fine for me so i am stumped on this one.
HyPo

Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 Lost Coast both do not work last i checked. rest of half life games work. i have never played portal games. i had no problem with gunman chronicles and it worked fine.
HyPo

i scanned the registry and fixed the broken files and it still crashes.
HyPo

I uninstalled all visual c+++ and installed them back and it still crashes i can not seems delete directx versions and net framework because when i search it in control panel programs uninstall program nothing i also tried the same thing in settings. i uninstalled steam and it also crashed i executed the game twice and it also crashed. i went to hl1.exe right click properties compatibility and force run it on 640x480 and it also crashed.
Acespades

HyPo wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 04:53 I uninstalled all visual c+++ and installed them back and it still crashes i can not seems delete directx versions and net framework because when i search it in control panel programs uninstall program nothing i also tried the same thing in settings. i uninstalled steam and it also crashed i executed the game twice and it also crashed. i went to hl1.exe right click properties compatibility and force run it on 640x480 and it also crashed.

So I was just checking the thread. The only solution I can suggest you is having a legit windows copy and reinstalling it. I recently downloaded the repack and I can play every game from it. If you're curious, I have legit windows 10 which I bought.