Empire Total War crash without message

Troubleshoot For Games
Will

I recently downloaded the ka0s Empire total war copy, and the fix, I then proceeded to install the normal game from ka0s, then when it swithed from his installer to the DOS installer, it gives me an error saying arc.exe has crashed and needs to close, I then close it and the installer keeps going, when it's done I then install the fix, and I start the game, at the first screen, it closes after about 10 seconds, and it doesn't say "I'm sorry, empire.exe has to crash" or whatever, it just closes with no error message, I have a custom computer, and I've played empire total war on it before, specs are as follows,:
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit,
intel E7400 quad-core 2.8
4gb ddr2 ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 2gb,
I don't know why it keeps doing this, I've reinstalled it 2 times, and I can't find out how to fix it, :D

--- Will ---
Last edited by Will on 14 Aug 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
3Lions

Will wrote:I recently downloaded the ka0s Empire total war copy, and the fix, I then proceeded to install the normal game from ka0s, then when it swithed from his installer to the DOS installer, it gives me an error saying arc.exe has crashed and needs to close, I then close it and the installer keeps going, when it's done I then install the fix, and I start the game, at the first screen, it closes after about 10 seconds, and it doesn't say "I'm sorry, empire.exe has to crash" or whatever, it just closes with no error message, I have a custom computer, and I've played empire total war on it before, specs are as follows,:
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit,
intel E7400 quad-core 2.8
4gb ddr2 ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 2gb,
I don't know why it keeps doing this, I've reinstalled it 2 times, and I can't find out how to fix it, :D

--- Will ---
Open Control Panel - Folder Options - Of the 3 Tabs in the folder ooptions box that opens click View Tab
Under Hidden files and users highlight show hidden files and click apply button at bottom right (you need to do this to see the app data file when finished reverse this process to hide files)

Open C drive select User (or PC name) select app data then select roaming if you see a folder Named Scripts delete this (keep in recycle in case you want or need to restore file)

Try game and see if it works
Last edited by 3Lions on 14 Aug 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.