Kaos repacks and xdelta updates

Chat About Anything You Like - READ RULES
donkeymilk

some guy called clay65 wrote this on cs.rin.ru. http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... start=1185
Its a discussion on Payday 2 updating and his aio 1-10 update pack.

[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
"I'm afraid there's nothing to do... most of the time Repacks by R.G. (or even Kaos, just to make another example) cannot never be used with updates made with xdelta patches, cause of the tools
they are using to compress/decompress the original files... the game usually is working, but the files are not EXACTLY THE SAME as the originals, so xdelta patches cannot be applied at all.
The only Repack that i know it's working (cause is the one that i'm using...) with the Updates released by FTS, is the SG Repack, that is only 3,45 GB ."
[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
I've never had probs with xdelta patches and kaos repacks!
Kaos repacks and stuff from cs.rin.ru and f.l.t have always worked really well together.
Maybe its coz your releases are flt or reloaded usually.
The way he says "or even Kaos" does sound like he wanted to hold back on that one,as if ,"Shock.Horror! even Kaos!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S i posted the links for this update on page3 of Payday2 page.
Last edited by donkeymilk on 09 Sep 2013, 20:10, edited 5 times in total.