The Signal From Tölva

Chat About Anything You Like - READ RULES
TheMaster

This game's looking pretty good & might really appeal to those looking for a FPS with a space exploration & futuristic technology theme.

The.Signal.From.Toelva-HI2U has just been released & the iso is only 694.5MB.

Official site - http://www.thesignalfrom.com
Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/457760
GOG - https://www.gog.com/game/the_signal_from_tolva

PC Gamer has done a review here & given it 80% - http://www.pcgamer.com/the-signal-from-tlva-review/

Following on from the interestingly flawed Sir, You Are Being Hunted, The Signal From Tölva is a game about adapting to and managing your limitations. Which is exactly what developer Big Robot has done: this tiny British team has defied its constraints with a rugged and characterful sci-fi shooter that skilfully blends splendid world-building with taut action.

You explore the planet Tölva remotely, hijacking a surveyor robot to investigate the signal in question. Other surveyors will happily ignore you—though later you’ll be able to recruit them to fight alongside you—but robot factions (Zealots and Bandits) scattered across the map will shoot on sight.

It follows a familiar sandbox structure. Bring up your map and you have a handful of objectives to choose between at any given time: as you complete them, you gain access to better gear, and rank up after every three missions you report in. It’s technically open-world in the sense that you’ve usually got plenty of options for your next destination...

"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
------------------------------------------------------------
Game Issues Forum is kindly provided HERE
Game Issues & Broken Link requests posted in the wrong place will be deleted!
KiNG

looks interesting, i was suprized how small it is, smaller than a cdr
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
TheMaster

Yeah surprised me too! Didn't make it a request as it's probably not worth ripping at that size these days. Just thought it might pique someone's interest enough to check it out. Took me a couple of minutes to grab ;)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
TheMaster

Just a small update on this. Looks like the cracked version might not install or run perfectly on everyone's machines but don't fret there's a GOG version available if you look in the right places ;) It wasn't updated like the cracked one though last time I checked but that will come.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
KiNG

i did not get round to trying it, what is your opinion?
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
TheMaster

Sorry KiNG, but same here lol! I had probs installing & then when I worked around that it wouldn't run hence the news update. Couldn't be bothered wasting time trying to figure that out. I have the GOG version but that hasn't been updated yet so waiting for the update now before I can try it. That and I'm just having a bit of fun with Homefront any spare time I can find for myself atm! ;)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
TheMaster

The.Signal.From.Toelva-GOG (v1.017) is now available weighing in at only 567MB. If you're having trouble finding it then search hints that may or may not be hidden below might help ;)

The Signal From Tölva is an open-world first-person http:// shooter set on a distant, haunted, future world. Unlock savage weapons and recruit pcgames- robots to fight alongside you as rival factions struggle to discover the source of the mysterious download.net signal. What you discover will decide the fate of a world.

Hopefully I'll find some time soon to give it a decent try.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
TheMaster

So I've been playing this over the last week & finished it today (it was raining all day here!). I won't go into detail as the attached reviews do that better than I feel like going into here. Overall though this was a bit of fun for a short while. Considering the actual size of this game (small enough to fit on a CD!) it's pretty impressive with the landscapes & technology, especially the robots, looking very nice; just don't expect super high def textures but having said that they've done a really great job creating a believable & unique world here that still actually looks very nice by today's standards. There's not really a huge amount of depth to anything but there's a decent enough storyline & enough exploring, battles & rewards to keep you busy for a short while. If you get it from the right source you'll also get the 48 page lore book which goes into all the back story stuff you need to flesh out the experience. It's worth a look & I'd recommend reading it before you play as the game pretty much chucks you straight in without too much instruction. Anyway here's a couple more reviews (click to read) -

IGN - 65%
New Game Network - 72%
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
KiNG

canny review of your own there m8, good enough to be added to my to play list lol
TheMaster

Just don't expect Doom-style combat & visuals (or speed!) or the depth & length of Fallout ;) I just found it a short refreshing break in between trying out larger titles. It's almost like Big Robot created a very nice little "Look What We Can Do In Under 700MB Project" to impress future employers/publishers.
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
TheMaster

For anyone interested a new update (v1.028) has been released & a promise of some upcoming new content. Notes from Steam dated 26 May 2017 are here -

New Things!

We've got a new patch up for you today, which has a couple of minor additions which we didn't manage to get into the previous releases.

- The AOE section now has a module which allows you to call in support combat drones during a battle. There are three tiers of this, and it won't affect save games, although you can unlock the modules if you haven't already completed those missions in your game.

- We've added a secret area which has lots of high value loot in it. There's a knack to getting it all, though.

Fixed Things

- We fixed an issue where the new difficulty settings don't apply properly.

- Tourist Cam now more like a true freecam, with WASD controls enabled.

Future Things!

We're working on a small expansion.

This will be an update which will be free to everyone who owns the game, and will arrive later this year. It contains a new campaign scenario on the surface of Tölva, and will provide a few more hours of combat and exploration. It'll have some unique secrets and new robo-life. After that we'll look at whether people want another substantial campaign update and how best to deliver that.

We'll talk a lot more about this in the future, but basically it gets snowy! We're really pleased with the progress we've already made.

Other Things

The game has had some great coverage lately, but we wanted to highlight this video by the excellent Matt Lees. We feel like it captures what we're most proud of, and we know you guys will understand where he's coming from.

The AMD issue we've found with R9 cards has been a really tough one to figure out, even with the help of AMD's own lab. We're probably going to have to build a specific test version of the game to track it down, or get AMD to fix the issue in their drivers. Experience tells us we always get these things fixed eventually, but please accept our apologies for the delay in the meantime.

The Mac build: better news! It's almost ready. Looking at Linux to follow...

More soon!
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon
TheMaster

Oh & btw, I own an R9 AMD card & played the game without a hitch (that I could detect) so the problem obviously doesn't affect everyone ;)
"Anger is an energy!"
- John Lydon