Call of Duty - Black Ops III INSTALL ERROR: -5

Troubleshoot For Games
Ebony

I downloaded "Call.Of.Duty.Black.Ops.III-KaOs" from here, used the torrent link.

It finished just fine, I extracted the .rar (32 parts) and ran the "Install.exe".

I actually managed to install the game, but when I tried to open it I got an error about a file named "code_pre_gfx" BUT that's not important.
What my problem is now: I deleted the game so I could reinstall, ran the Installer once again, but this time it hangs at 0% for about half an hour and then throws a "could not decompress files, error: -5" popup.

Things I've already tried:
-Checking the download with winRAR.
-Force-checking the torrent (100%).
-Re-extracting, multiple times.
any help is greatly appreciated!

My specs:
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
System Memory: 8 GB
CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Memory Size 1024 MB)

PS: I have 40GBs free out of 115GBs on my C: drive and 100GBs free out of 792GB on my E: drive (the one I'm installing Black Ops in, it's where all of my data is and also where I install all of my games).
Ebony

Slowly making progress here.
The error reads:

######
Произошла ошибка при распаковке: Не хватает памяти!
Unarc.dll вернул код ошибки: -5
ERROR: archive data corrupted (decompression fails)
######

which Google translates to:

######
An error occurred while unpacking : Not enough memory !
Unarc.dll returned error code: -5
ERROR: archive data corrupted (decompression fails)
######

So, something's wrong with "Unarc.dll". I'm troubleshooting as hard as I can here, if someone knows the answer feel free to reply, as fun as it is to solve my own problems I wouldn't mind some help :D
I'll download FreeArc and try a couple of other methods I've seen around, if I find a solution I'll post it here.
Ebony

9% and counting :D
I'm not sure how I fixed it, but here's all of what I did:

-Cleaned my E: and C: drives as hard as I could (used Start > Computer > Disk C properties > Free Space AND deleted the contents of Windows/Prefetch & wIndows/SoftwareDistribution), also defragmented them.
-Deleted the installed files.
-Right clicked the installer, went to Properties > "Change config for all users" > Compatibility tab > Checked "Use Compatibility mode for Win XP" & "Always execute as admin".
> Security tab > Authentificated users > Edit > Checked "Total Control".
-Installed FreeArc.

What most likely did it was installing FreeArc & doing the properties thing. Good luck everyone else :)
Last edited by Ebony on 01 Sep 2016, 07:08, edited 1 time in total.
KiNG

did you try simply restarting your pc or try installing in safemode to free up more ram
Last edited by KiNG on 01 Sep 2016, 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Ebony

I did restart too, that's good, simple advice that people tend to forget sometimes. Thanks for the help King, keep up the good work :)