Portal.2.Stories.Mel.Thinking.With.Time.Machine.Final.Hours.REPACK-KaOs Issue

Troubleshoot For Games
Suvam4549

@KiNG I am so heartbroken rn. Steup fails at 27% on the top bar & 9 % on the bottom bar! Tried thrice and it stopped right there all three times. Steup just stops chills at that stage without showing any error. When I force close the installer, it shows archive error for 0.01 second and exits. Downloaded all files carefully, all rar files extracted successfully too. I don't have any Antivirus installed on my system. Wndows Defender was disabled completely using registry years ago. None of FitGirl or Dodi's repacks failed on me like this. :(
Can you please tell me what apart from Antivirus can hinder unpacking? I have 4 GB of RAM on my 64 bit Windows 10 LTSC inatall. I had closed every application before launching the installer.. It had sufficinet RAM to use as observed from task manager. What is the problem? Please tell me a fix.. I used my capped mobile data to download this. :'(
KiNG

Suvam4549 wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 12:02 @KiNG I am so heartbroken rn. Steup fails at 27% on the top bar & 9 % on the bottom bar! Tried thrice and it stopped right there all three times. Steup just stops chills at that stage without showing any error. When I force close the installer, it shows archive error for 0.01 second and exits. Downloaded all files carefully, all rar files extracted successfully too. I don't have any Antivirus installed on my system. Wndows Defender was disabled completely using registry years ago. None of FitGirl or Dodi's repacks failed on me like this. :(
Can you please tell me what apart from Antivirus can hinder unpacking? I have 4 GB of RAM on my 64 bit Windows 10 LTSC inatall. I had closed every application before launching the installer.. It had sufficinet RAM to use as observed from task manager. What is the problem? Please tell me a fix.. I used my capped mobile data to download this. :'(
probably the 4gig of ram, try turning your virtual memory/page file up .
or install in safe mode might help. also windows defender is a sod for deleting things without telling you.
i often forget not everybody has tons of ram so sometimes i forget to lower settings wile compressing.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Suvam4549

KiNG wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 17:56 probably the 4gig of ram, try turning your virtual memory/page file up .
or install in safe mode might help. also windows defender is a sod for deleting things without telling you.
i often forget not everybody has tons of ram so sometimes i forget to lower settings wile compressing.
I upped the page file to 8400 MB/8 GB.. Tried in safe mode and windows defender was always off.. Nothing worked.. Then Instead of E:/Installed Games/Portal.Pack.Repack-KaOS, I selected E:/Portal.. and it unpacke and installed 100%.. So the default directory selection was the prpblem. Maybe iy happened because I have 4 GB RAMm But the installer never exceeded 2.2 GB RAM as observed from task manager. Anyways, thanks for the repack. Left 4 dead coming nxt
SalineFuzzball

Hello all,
I downloaded this (torrent) and had the same problem as someone else. My download get stuck at 27% and 9%. I have no idea why this is happening, as i have tried everything everyone has said. I turned off internet, windows defender is always off, etc. I am very upset, as i love these games, and cannot find another repack with all of them. Anyone have a solution, or another repack? Thanks!
KiNG

SalineFuzzball wrote: 05 May 2020, 03:02 Hello all,
I downloaded this (torrent) and had the same problem as someone else. My download get stuck at 27% and 9%. I have no idea why this is happening, as i have tried everything everyone has said. I turned off internet, windows defender is always off, etc. I am very upset, as i love these games, and cannot find another repack with all of them. Anyone have a solution, or another repack? Thanks!
did you try what the fella above did?

"Then Instead of E:/Installed Games/Portal.Pack.Repack-KaOS, I selected E:/Portal.. and it unpacke and installed 100%.. So the default directory selection was the prpblem."
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
SalineFuzzball

KiNG wrote: 05 May 2020, 10:43
SalineFuzzball wrote: 05 May 2020, 03:02 Hello all,
did you try what the fella above did?

"Then Instead of E:/Installed Games/Portal.Pack.Repack-KaOS, I selected E:/Portal.. and it unpacke and installed 100%.. So the default directory selection was the prpblem."

I did, but it still got stuck.
KiNG

could always try installing in safe mode incase something is running in the background what is effecting it. or maybe try freeing up more space on the target drive incase the temp space i logged is wrong? security can also block or delete stuff without letting the user know windows defender is the worst for it, it can still do this even when its turned off aparently, these are just stabs in the dark really, im not sure what could be causing it.
SalineFuzzball

KiNG wrote: 05 May 2020, 15:29 could always try installing in safe mode incase something is running in the background what is effecting it. or maybe try freeing up more space on the target drive incase the temp space i logged is wrong? security can also block or delete stuff without letting the user know windows defender is the worst for it, it can still do this even when its turned off aparently, these are just stabs in the dark really, im not sure what could be causing it.

I'll be sure to try those in a bit, thanks for the help!