Fallout 4 Installer frozen

Troubleshoot For Games
Sars

Yes. I've ensured there is enough space in the drive & both the installer & the computer folder is excluded from the av. This is my third trial, but it is randomly stuck at 61% for over an hour. Now, mind you the percent at which it frozen is not the same as last 2 times. First, the installer was frozen at 30%. On the second trial, it was frozen at 57%

I opened the task manager & found that the installer utility isn't utilising CPU at all. CPU utilisation remained at constant 0% during the freeze. In fact, the ram consumption is merely 140mb. xtool.exe shows the same thing.

I don't know what else to try

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 4800H
GPU: RTX 3050
RAM: 8GB 3200mHz
SSD: 512GB (150Gb free)

Edit-- I've used kaos repacks for many other games, they work flawlessly rarely taking more than an hour to install, I've never had this freezing problem with any of their other repacks.
KiNG

could you try install it in safemode and see how far the install gets?
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Sars

KiNG wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 20:13 could you try install it in safemode and see how far the install gets?
It worked. I don't know why, but it worked. Game is working fine now. I've never had this problem before with any of your repacks, any specific reason?
PS. Thank you!
KiNG

Sars wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 14:21
KiNG wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 20:13 could you try install it in safemode and see how far the install gets?
It worked. I don't know why, but it worked. Game is working fine now. I've never had this problem before with any of your repacks, any specific reason?
PS. Thank you!
sounds like a ram issue, using 8gig windows alone probably uses half of that or more depending what you have running at the time. safe mode runs windows as bare bones so it leaves you with the most free ram possible. sounds like you were originaly very close to having enough with it failing at different points during install.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Sars

KiNG wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 22:18
Sars wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 14:21
PS. Thank you!
sounds like a ram issue, using 8gig windows alone probably uses half of that or more depending what you have running at the time. safe mode runs windows as bare bones so it leaves you with the most free ram possible. sounds like you were originaly very close to having enough with it failing at different points during install.
I see. Thank you!