Steam Client won't install

Troubleshoot For Games
VBMLG

Hello, i've been downloading the Portal Collection, but it won't go past installing steam client for portal 2... I don't know what to do, can i ask for some help? Thanks.
stoled

the installer does not install steam client. sounds like your AV ate the crack files, try reinstalling with your AV disabled and consider adding an exclusion in your AV to the directory you install your games.
Good luck.
VBMLG

stoled wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 12:36 the installer does not install steam client. sounds like your AV ate the crack files, try reinstalling with your AV disabled and consider adding an exclusion in your AV to the directory you install your games.
Good luck.
Well, i downloaded and installed The Stanley Parable, and it had no problem with it... When installing Portal Bundle, it installs steamclient for Portal Stories: Mel, which works perfectly, and then it installs SC for Portal 2, and it gives me an error... I think it's because of it installing the same thing multiple times... I don't think it's because of my Avast... It's chill when insatlling...
stoled

the installer does not install steam client, at all.
KiNG

i have just installed the pack again just to test, and all of the games start correctly without any steam prompts or other problems,
it could only be a security issue.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
VBMLG

Ok, thank you, i'll keep trying!
KiNG

try killing windows defender if your not using anything else.
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
VBMLG

I tried everything... I turned off Avast and Windows Defender, turned off wifi, reinstalling the whole package and uninstalling steam... Nothing worked... :?
stoled

post screenshots of what it does or the message you get.
does the install complete and create the desktop shortcuts.
are you accessing the games through the launcher menu or from the exes directly.

I've confirmed the files install and operate as intended, and king as confirmed it all operates on his rig as well, something is off on your side it seems.
VBMLG

Could we do Discord? I think it would be better for this...
VBMLG

Ok, so i tried it again (didn't work), but at least i got this screenshot

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zCR5jf ... sp=sharing
KiNG

that can only be your system blocking the file as its dropped by the installer, either avast or windows defender is still running even after its apparently turned off.
your best option is adding exceptions to both, windows defender is well know for not turning off correctly or simply turning itself back on. and like windows defender free antivirus security will kill anything what has a few bytes that matches any sort of dodgy code. or you could try uninstall your security then try install, at least then you will know exactly what the issue is. my bet would be that avast is causing the issue as many people would have complained by now if it was windows defender with it been the most commonly used.
VBMLG

Weird it gets stuck on the Portal 2 file but it accepts others with no problem
stoled

Either your AV isnt playing nice or its possible some of the files got corrupt during download. Try following kings advice, or rehashing the torrent to ensure no files were corrupt during download.
But at least I understand where the misunderstanding about steamclient lies now, the installer is failing to extract a file called steamclient.dll, its not installing steam lol.