High On Life - Can't unpack

Troubleshoot For Games
Ryftness

I have tried unpacking this from a torrent download and I get a CRC mismatch error on one of the movie files I think. I used the drive links and then I then I get "Unarc.dll returned an error code: -11 ERROR: Archive data corrupted (decompression fails)". Not sure what else to try.

Windows 11 with AV off and plenty of hard drive space, etc.
Trkkr

I'm also having issues installing. I get various errors.

1. If the installation gets to 16.3% and fails I get the error: "An error occurred while unpacking: Unable to write data to disk! Unarc.dll returned an error code: -11. ERROR: archive data corrupted (decompression fails)"

2. If the installation gets to 6.8% and fails I get: "An error occured while unpacking: Does not match checksum! Unarc.dll returned and error code: -12. Error : file C:\Games\High.On.Life.REPACK-KaOs\Content\Movies\SKIT_Betrayal.bk2 failed CRC check.

Any ideas? I've downloaded multiple times, used 7Zip and Winrar to combine the parts and the same issue every time. Windows 10, AV disabled, Run as Administrator.
Coded23

Quick fix, try this right click on setup file then properties then compatibility, change to Windows 8 or 7, check run as administrator, apply save and try again.
You will not be punished for your anger, You will be punished by your anger.
-Buddha
KiNG

if the data is wrong try rehash/force-recheck the torrent. it should re-download the bad bit
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Trkkr

thirunarayan wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 08:07 Quick fix, try this right click on setup file then properties then compatibility, change to Windows 8 or 7, check run as administrator, apply save and try again.
Wow. Do I feel stupid. I don't know why I didn't think to try that. Kudos to you. Worked like a charm!
Coded23

Trkkr wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 04:27
thirunarayan wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 08:07 Quick fix, try this right click on setup file then properties then compatibility, change to Windows 8 or 7, check run as administrator, apply save and try again.
Wow. Do I feel stupid. I don't know why I didn't think to try that. Kudos to you. Worked like a charm!
Lol, :D
-Buddha
KiNG

wtf how did that fix it? its supposed to run on all windows lol
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Coded23

KiNG wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 15:13
wtf how did that fix it? its supposed to run on all windows lol
Windows 10 have lots of issue while comes to installing certain programs, reversing compatibility solves, just an old school hack.
-Buddha
Trkkr

I do that for a lot of programs but it never even occurred to me, this being a newer game. It's not the game though, it's the Kaos installer. They should investigate. I'm also not sure why they cut up the file into parts; a bit odd...