Can't install some of the KaOs repacks!

Troubleshoot For Games
Soulja50

Hello,

I installed a bunch of KaOs repacks today with no issues, however, I have 4 left that just won't install. I get an "ISDone.dll - Installation Error! File could not be extracted (-12)". Please point me in the right direction, as i've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Specs:
- Windows 11
- Ryzen 9 5900x
- 32GB ram

Problem Games:
- Clubhouse Games 51 Worldwide Classics [KaOs Repack]
- Demon Slayer The Hinokami Chronicles [KaOs Repack]
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe [KaOs Repack]
- Mario Tennis Aces [KaOs Repack]

Troubleshooting:
- Cleaned temp folder
- Tried to install in safe mode
- Downloaded and put ISDone.dll into SysWOW/Sys32
- Ran as admin/not
- Exclude source and target folder from AV
- Turned off AV completely
- Installed Visual C++ redist 2015-2022

KiNG

those are all msq releases, hopefully he has a solution.
did you try minimum hardware mode? (installer tick box option)

the mario game installed fine for me, i have not tried the others.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
Soulja50

KiNG wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 09:12 those are all msq releases, hopefully he has a solution.
did you try minimum hardware mode? (installer tick box option)

the mario game installed fine for me, i have not tried the others.
I did try low resource mode, it had the same result.
RandomDude420

Experiencing similar problem, I wonder what causes this
KiNG

if your using win11 you can try running the installer in win7 mode, maybe that will help
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
kaendd

I remember i had similar issues with some repacks from Dodi, and it was because my CPU has more than 8 cores (the unpacker had compatibility issues with CPUs with more than 8 cores). I needed to disable hyperthreading or disable some cores in the bios for the repack to install. I don't know if it's the same issue here but you should give it a try.
Soulja50

KiNG wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 17:40 if your using win11 you can try running the installer in win7 mode, maybe that will help
@King, I tried win7 mode and it spit up an error saying it needs service pack 1 or something, then i tried win 8 mode and it had the same extraction error (-12)
kaendd wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 17:44 I remember i had similar issues with some repacks from Dodi, and it was because my CPU has more than 8 cores (the unpacker had compatibility issues with CPUs with more than 8 cores). I needed to disable hyperthreading or disable some cores in the bios for the repack to install. I don't know if it's the same issue here but you should give it a try.
Interesting, I'll give it a shot.
Soulja50

@kaendd

No go on the lower cores. I got it down to 8 cores with no hyperthreading via BIOS, but same error. Thanks for the suggestion though, it was something I haven't tried yet atleast.

https://ibb.co/JkwcbqY
Soulja50

I ended up just installing the 4 games on my old laptop, then copying the nsp files back to my desktop PC for YUZU as a workaround. Thanks everyone for you help!

Laptop specs:
Win 11
Intel i7- 4720HQ
8GB ram
owlock

Bro the cuento que despues de horas y horas y horas de investigar +8 horas investigando, yo formatee mi pc y no sabia que estos juegos requieren el pack de Multipack Visual C++ el cual descargue en la pajina de softpedia gracias a un video de youtube y me hacian falta. yo tenia instalado el Multipack Visual ++ 2015-2022 x64 y x32 bits y el programa me instalo el 2013 20212 2010 2008 2005 en si el multipack me arreglo el problema. 😊 en este 2023
KiNG

yeah as the previous person mentioned, these can help viewtopic.php?t=8294
also a few people reported that running the installer in windows 8 mode solved alot of issues, personally i am still on win10 and beleive alot of the krew is also so win11 never got tested... with anything.