Installer, infinite "Patching"

Chat About Anything You Like - READ RULES
xOne

Hey folks,
90% of the time i got the problem that the installer does not finish installing the game.
After reaching 100% there is the notification:

Please wait! Patching files...
Do not panic if things appear stuck!

But it definitely gets stuck cause the "patching" does not end. The funny part is, that the game works at this moment. I can play without problems.
But if i close the installer, all my game files get deleted cause the installation "did not finish".

Anyone who got the same problem and/or a solution, except finishing a game in a single playthrough and never turning my pc off? :lol:
KiNG

what game?
does it get stuck on the first file to patch or does it complete a few?
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
xOne

This time: Escape Academy

Had the same problem with:
Entropy Center, Doors Paradox, PC Building Simulator 2 and Dead Cells (maybe i have forgotten one or two)

The only game that installed without problems was "Tales of Arise"
KiNG

i cant be sure which of those are mine as i did redo some of those for updates while msq did the originals.
however your windows security is a good place to start were patches are concerned, patching or injecting data is sometimes detected as suspicious activity.
if the actual files had an issue we would have had a flood of complaints by now with it effecting multiple games, so it does appear to be a issue limited to yourself.
i would try just reinstalling the game with your security off and see if it does the same.

i will also try Escape Academy myself just to see what happens and will report back.

edit:

the game installed without issue,
it said "patching dont panic " for 10/15 secs then completed and closed.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
xOne

thanks for testing and replying :)

first of all, schame on me for forgetting the basics of games installing (turn off anti-virus), but it still did not work.

but i found a work around:
When i close the installer after letting it patch for some time, using the task manager, the game files do not get deleted and everything works