Wine (Linux) support of our installer

Troubleshoot For Games
exomorph

Hi,
i recently try to install one of our releases.
But i'm unable to get it working unter wine,
this is more an info for you ... other installers, like fitgirl, dodi and also the old masquerade installer works, but your installer does not,
this make your releases currently useless for linux users.
KiNG

i actually had never considered linux users, interesting, which installer are you refering to, we currently use 2, i use the oldskool looking one wile msq uses one with a more modern appearance.
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
stoled

You could possibly dual boot, using windows to install the files, then move them to your linux os?
yoshikidneo

I can confirm that the installer is borderline unusable on Linux (steamdeck) but I've had success installing on my PC and moving the files over.
KiNG

i am greatfull for all the information but its not suprizing considering it was made intended for windows.
hmm interesting, steamdeck is something i had not considered either....
Easy Links For Navigating Around The Site
KaOs Releases | Repack Issues | Broken Links | Youtube | Discord | Helpful Files
(Always use the forum instead of PMing us)
yoshikidneo

Yeah the installer doesn't show any static images, but the buttons work if you know where they are. Once you get the install going, it's fine as long as you choose the correct directory, SteamOS has some of them locked down.
not0a0furry

hello!!! can anyone tell me which are the installer dependecies? maybe i can make it work if I manage to install them in linux wine
Mellthas

Hi Linux users.

I use Heroic Game Launcher.
Clicking on "Add new Game" you are prompted to "Run installer first"
Benefit is, that this method creates UNIQUE Windows (virtual machine + virtual hard drive)
While in "Run installer first" you can select the install.exe, and go through the whole installation process. Worked for 5 out 5 games I tried so far.
After the installation is complete, just change the EXE to the installed on the C:\ drive {path can be set by you, and on your physical drive, it is usually under HEROIC\WINE\<your game> = your virtual machine path)
Heroic Game Launcher sometimes has less perked Wine options, then, after the game is already installed, you can simply add it to Steam (Steam has better maintained PROTON)

https://imgur.com/l8gqrOk

On the other hand> it is much easier, when the game is pre-installed already. :D